Specific Diagnosis for the cause of Bleeding Disorder is Crucial to Plan Appropriate Treatment
Laboratory Diagnosis ?
Just visit the center for Hemophilia Screening.
Laboratory Investigations are crucial in the final Diagnosis of any bleeding disorders to plan appropriate treatment to arrest prolonged bleeding episodes.
1. Basic Hematology Investigations
Complete Hemogram with Automated Cell Counter.
2. Basic Coagulation Profile
Prothrombin Time (PT), Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT), Thrombin Time (TT), Correction Studies, Factor Assays (VIII or IX or others), Fibrinogen Assay, Factor XIII Screening Tests are done with Fully Automated Coagulation Analyser / Semi Automated Coagulometer.
3. Special Hematology Investigations
- Screening for inhibitors & their quantification by Bethesda Method.
- Platelet Aggregometry Studies for further evaluation of Rare Inherited Bleeding Disorders like Von Willibrands Disease (VwD), Functional Platelet Disorders.